Rin's version is a dress, but I really just wanted a sheer top for layering in the summer. According to the video, any "drapey" fabric will do for this, so I pulled from my stash and got to work.
Sheer fabric may be "drapey," but I quickly learned that it does not have the stability, or the stretch, for this project. I powered through it, but I have to admit that it almost got wadded at least a dozen times. The final result is not at all what I had hoped for in fit, and instead of taking it apart, I grabbed some ITY knit and tried again.
#2 - The seam allowances were all constructed at 3/8"
#3 - I hemmed the sleeves and neck opening LAST so that the edges looked more finished.
The ITY performed like a champ on this project, and it would have been a total home run except for that fact that I ignored my machine manual and used crap thread in my twin needle during hemming. So, I have some awkward stitchery happening that I am too lazy to pull out. Regardless of that, this is a very comfortable and wearable knit top. I wish that the sheer had worked out better, but I learned a valuable lesson about working with that fabric, so it was not a complete loss.