Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Skort

 So, I made a skort. This is my wearable muslin, and I think I will definitely size down the waist and add some more length next time. I may also try to make it a fitted waist (instead of elastic) in the future. We'll see.
The wind aided me in showing the shorts underneath.
I committed a couple of "sewing sins" during this project - cutting the pattern right from the tissue paper instead of tracing and not changing my black serger thread for the seam finishes. In my defense, I was in a sewing mood, and I didn't want to lose my mojo. ;)

There isn't much more to say about this one. The garment came together quickly (it's just shorts with a panel on the front, so...), there were very few fitting issues, and I just wanted to get something off of my sewing to-do list today.

P.S. Sorry for the crap pictures. I was in a hurry, and my camera remote wasn't allowing me to stray more than 2 feet from the lens. Argh! 

1 comment:

Annabellouise said...

Good idea to make a muslin wearable It's such a waste of time making two garments if the pattern is not too complicated.