Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bin There, Done with That..


I promise that this is the final project that I'm doing for my sewing class! At the last minute, I decided that I needed some fabric bins to hold shears, rulers, fabric markers, etc.. that go on the sewing tables. After several hours of searching sewing sites for a good tutorial, I came across some simple instructions at the Birch Fabrics Blog. I like that it had an easy to reproduce template and common sense construction.

The technique is similar to the tote bags that I have made with the boxed bottom, and the only things I added were an interior pocket and a couple of handles.
I only have a lightweight interfacing in my stash, so they're not very stiff, but the form isn't as important as the function in this project.  They are the perfect size to hold what I need, and they will be easy to transport.
Now that I confirmed that this is a successful endeavor, I might make a few more to use for organizing things in my bathroom and living room. So quick and easy!

No comments: