Sunday, January 4, 2015

Out of my hidey hole..

My blogging has been pitiful, but we're all going to act like I'm not a lazy blogger while I post projects that I actually completed in the latter part of 2014. Sound good?  Great! Moving on...

While doing some online holiday shopping, I came across this amazing Mr. Gugu and Miss Go top on Fab.com.

But, $49?? I hemmed...I hawed....I noticed some coordinating knits in my stash that would be perfect for a copycat top!!  So, I rifled through my billions of sewing patterns and found a Kwik Sew men's raglan sweatshirt pattern that looked about right.  One of the things that I liked about the RTW top was the straight fit of the torso, so a men's pattern seemed best for that.  Also, I wanted a V neck instead of the regular collar, and my Kwik Sew pattern accommodated my vision.

And, after several disagreements with the rib knit used for the cuffs and collar, I had an AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE new sweatshirt!  Which I didn't photograph by itself...
 So that you can see the sensationally slouchy sleeves:
I love this shirt and have worn it a thousand times. It is soft and warm and it was FREE!! I acquired the knit and sweatshirt fabrics through a community "free store" that we have here once a year. Also, this only took me a couple of hours to whip up. So satisfying, guys. So. Satisfying.

1 comment:

fitnottofit said...

Welcome back! I adore the top, and your photos used in this post are very heartwarming... Happy New Year!