Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Stuff it up your...neck pillow.

I have finally gotten around to mass-producing those neck pillows that I talked about in January. My industrial-sized box of fiber-fil has been patiently waiting underneath a mound of unfinished projects, and today was the day to liberate the stuffing. I am deliriously happy to cross these off of my "to-do" list!
The pattern that I drafted previously turned out great for my son, but it was not sufficient for adult comfort. So, I pulled a template off the internet - HERE - and cranked out some travel pillows for the rest of the family (and then some..). As before, I did a flannel side and a cotton/jersey side. I was relieved to be able to use some of my t-shirt stash, and to get rid of more of that pesky flannel that seems to be reproducing on my shelf.
By the way, I am TERRIBLE at stuffing things. I don't know what is wrong with my technique, but it produces lots 'o lumps in my pillows. Plus, I hate it. So, that could be part of the issue...

Have you noticed my travel theme of the last few weeks? Totally unintentional. I think it has something to do with the promise of spring making me antsy to get out of the house.  That, and the fact that I am taking a trip to visit family this month. It is going to be great having these pillows in the car for the 18 hour drive!

1 comment:

Farber@NeckPillows said...


Thanks for the tutorial definitely needs to make this pillow and this is just perfect. I was so happy to find this pattern. My best friend just had surgery for a brain tumor and suffers from incredible headaches. I think she would love this.