Friday, January 17, 2014

Neck Pillows and Motivation Murder

Do you ever wake up in the morning and find yourself bursting with project ideas, and the motivation to get them done, like, RIGHT NOW?? Yeah, me too.  It doesn't happen often, but when it does I am very productive.

Today was one of those days, and I am very, VERY sad to say that my plans aren't working out. Let me explain...
While planning a potential 18 hour trip to visit family, I thought about how great it would be to have some neck pillows for the car ride.  And, since this is a stash-busting year for me,  I was excited to use up some fabric.
 So, I free-handed a pattern and pulled some scrap fabric off my shelf. Once the pillow was stitched together, I rummaged through my sewing bins and found an open bag of Poly-fil. This is where the problems started..
I had almost enough stuffing for the pillow that I put together, but I really wanted to knock out a bunch of these today. (I plan to give some to family members for the long ride out to visit us later in the year.)

Now, if I were still living in Chicago, I could have replenished my Poly-fil supply in about 15 minutes. BUT, I live in a super small town now. I was counting on the local quilt shop to have a bag of stuffing available. Um. Nope. Nothing. No Poly-fil in a 90 mile radius.. Argh!
I felt so deflated knowing that I have a partially-filled project on the table, and no filling for the additional pillows that I want to make. Total letdown!

Fortunately, I have another task that I can get taken care of today (while I procrastinate sewing squares for my quilt), but it's not as fun as the pillows. :(

On the upside, I did use up some fabric stash, so that's something. Right?




No comments: