Sunday, October 11, 2009

Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon...

My girlfriend is constantly giving me grief about how I don't own a makeup bag. The simple explanation is that I don't really wear anything more than eyeliner. Thus, I have NEVER carried a make-up pouch in my purse. I honestly didn't even know that ANYONE did until I was in my 20's. So, I didn't really have much of a need for a little beauty tote before now.

I am going to my in-laws today, and I just needed a small bag for my travel-sized toiletries. I do own a much larger toiletry tote, but it's already filled with the family's crap (from our summer roadtrip), and I don't need all that junk. Normally I would just use a ziploc baggie, but sandwich size is too small, and the freezer bags I have are too big. What was a girl to do??? Make my own, of course!!!
I used some scrap flannel for the lining so that it will quickly absorb small leaks, and I put in a rockin' orange zipper at the top. The bottom has squared corners so that I could stand it up on the sink edge (something not easily done with my other toiletry case). It is cute and small and indicative of who I am! Perfect!
Look at how well my stuff fits in there! (Notice there is no make-up, just some bodywash, shampoo, a brush, and some lotion hiding in the back.) This was my first attempt at this type of project, and I am really proud that I did such a nice job on it. Plus, it's ALL FOR ME!! I needed to do something for myself since I have been working on a bear of a halloween costume for a friend of mine. After a week of fighting with metallic satin, I was very happy to have a project that I could get done in 20 minutes. Yay me!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Finally! But at least put your eyeliner in there. LOL ;-) It is cute.