Sunday, October 18, 2009

Boring T-shirt to Totally Awesome Hat???

I have SO MANY projects to finish right now that I ended up doing what I always do when I'm feeling pressured. I rebel by purposely ignoring my projects and starting something new. Thus, I grabbed a fleece hat pattern that I have and said "Fleece?? Phooey to that!!"

These hats are made from a totally boring blue T-shirt and some scrap flannel I picked up in the remnant bin for, like, $1.
The bill of the hat can be flipped up or down, but it isn't really possible to see with it down. But, it looks way cuter that way, so I say "Phooey!" to unobstructed views. Oh, and the pattern doesn't include a cute button closure, but I threw one on there because I am awesome like that.
I think this orange one almost looks a little rugby-esque and I love it:
My kid was all, "MOM! It's HOT in the sun!! When can I take it off??" And I was all, "Just smile and stop yer whinin' or I'll make you wear it ALL DAY!!" (I didn't really say it like that, but I'm reading a novel set in 1940's Mississippi right now and I'm thinking in southern speak.)
The loop for the button is actually a piece of the tee. Pretty brilliant, right??? ;)
I think I might make some girl hats next with little t-shirt scrap pom pons on top. That's, of course, if I don't get back to the projects already started. Hmmph.

No comments: