Friday, September 11, 2009

Cool Weather Crochet

I was on the phone with a friend of mine the other day, and I mentioned that I was in the midst of a crochet project, and she says, "I always know that cool weather is on it's way when you start to crochet." It's true. Fall is my crochet season. But, this project can easily be worn with a tank on an Indian Summer day!

Is it a shawl? Is it a poncho? I'm calling it a Shawcho. Notice the pleating on the front? As usual, I completely ignored the pattern instructions and used a thinner yarn. So, I had to add some pleats in the front to decrease the size of the neck. I think it adds something interesting, th0ugh.
I'n not a huge fan of fringe, but I thought a little more length would be flattering with this design.
I think it's pretty cool, but I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Should I keep it? Sell it? Give it away? *shrugs* I'm just psyched that I finally used up that yarn that I bought for the failed beach bag project.

No comments: