Thursday, July 30, 2009

Crazy morning, Cool people, and Crappy books..

As I was browsing through my social networks today, I came across a forum post about handmadenews.org, and I decided to check it out. I almost spewed cherry Dr. Pepper when I saw that my Beach Bum Messenger Bag is featured as the item of the day today!! Go check it out immediately! They wrote up a cute little article about me, and I am SO FREAKING EXCITED TO BE FEATURED!!


This is the link to the article. Browse around while you're there, because they have other interesting articles for handmade crafters.


Speaking of the benefits of social networks, I saw an ad on indiepublic the other day for some amazing art pieces offered by Gorjuss. The ad linked to her Etsy shop, but I've made it clear how I feel about Etsy, so I checked to see if she has a shop on Artfire, and she does! I immediately bought a couple of items from her because I love her stuff so much that I want to cry. This bookmark is one of the things I bought. It is perfect for my teenage niece who I promised a book to recently:
And, speaking of books, I am abandoning the L.A. Banks' Vampire Huntress Series. I had to grit my teeth through book 5, and enough is enough. The story has become painfully awful and I am certain that I am missing nothing by quitting in the middle of the series. So, I should be able to spend more time sewing this weekend!!


No comments: