Wednesday, June 17, 2009

While on vacay...

I have had 4 wonderfully relaxing days of sewing and reading so far. I have sewn a t-skirt, a t-shirt dress, a toddler dress, and this sun dress (Forgive me, but hubby took the photos):


My mother-in-law and I took a trip to JoAnn's the other day, and I picked up 5 yards of this hibiscus shirt fabric for 60% off!! It is so wonderfully soft and light. I love it.

I have also been getting some reading done. But, I only packed 4 books, so now I am scavenging novels from my MIL to pass the time before we leave on Friday. Here's what I read:
The Ghost Orchid by Carol Goodman - decent read. A little predictable, but I liked the back and forth between past and present. Although, the garden/fountain descriptions got a little tiresome.
The Reader by Bernhard Schlink - short but disturbing. I mean, really disturbing. This novel is pretty morally shocking.
Sex and the Serial Killer by Jennifer Skully - trashy, but deliciously fun and mindless.
The Shack by William P. Young - not my cup of tea. Yet another in a long list of "Why didn't I read the back!?!?" books. I actually didn't even finish this one.
Ooh, and exciting happenings... I am in 2 virtual craft fairs!!
And I Heart Handmade's Summer show opens on Friday. I have a prize listed for their daily giveaways. Can you find the picture that is mine??
I hope everyone is having as relaxing a week as I am!

No comments: