Thursday, June 4, 2009

Goodwill Hunting

I am totally OBSESSED with recycling old t-shirts in to messenger bags these days, but I decided that I was uninspired by the shirts laying around my house. So, I made a trip to my nearest Goodwill store in order to hunt for some new and exciting tees. Obviously my short-term memory loss is becoming a problem because it wasn't until I looked at the clothing tags that I remembered I was boycotting Goodwill due to their crazy high prices. $5 for a t-shirt??? at GOODWILL??? They get these things for FREE!! I know that the profits they make go towards the charity, the cost of running the store, employee wages, etc.. But still. I can get cheaper tees on clearance at Target. *sigh*


But, I bought a few anyway under the "Well, I'm already here.." mentality, and here is an example of what I got. (sidenote: If I ever met a man wearing this orange and yellow monstrosity I would force him to give me his mother/wife/significant other's phone number so that I could ream them out about letting him leave the house with that on. Good grief.)

And, through the magic and convenience of digital photos, here is what I made from the shirts:

I just love those orange fish. I don't even care about the rest of the graphic. The fish sold me.
Wouldn't this bag be perfect for a picnic at the park, or a trip to the museum??
One thing that I didn't anticipate with the crazy orange shirt was all of the fray!! The navy tee had to be de-lint-ified about 110 times throughout the sewing process. I guess that was my punishment for keeping it from some fashion-tragic man.

2 comments:

Taren said...

Everything is adorable as usual. How do you not have an etsy store?

Angela said...

Thanks for the compliment, Taren!

I do have an Etsy store, I just never use it. I prefer ArtFire for the ease of use and awesome community of crafters.