Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sewwwww HOT!!

It's 327 degrees in my house right now, so you can bet I haven't been anywhere near my sewing nook. The thought of being suffocated by mounds of fabric and sweltering next to the iron doesn't thrill me. I could, of course, just turn on the AC in the house, but I have strict principles against using the air before Memorial Day. As far as I'm concerned, it is against the law.

Instead, I think I will share couple of things that make me happy today. First is the totally excellent handbag that I bought from Myn on Artfire for 50% off it's original price. I have been coveting this bag for a couple of months, so when I saw that it had gone on sale I jumped on it. How sweet is this fabric??
And, I ADORE the huge rick-rack. But, I'm the type of gal that isn't afraid of gargantuan notions.
What I didn't notice when I bought it was that the blue panel at the top is actually a faux-fur material. What a great surprise! LOVE IT!!!
Another excellent thing that I got today was this:
So so delicious! It was on clearance for $3 for 4 bottles, and now I'm kicking myself for not buying all that they had. Very refreshing on these hideously hot days in Chicago.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Aren't you glad you didn't buy those zippers instead???

That really is cute in the pic.