Saturday, April 25, 2009

These boots are made for walking...

VICTORY IS MINE!! I have conquered the skirt, and I am so proud of myself for finishing it. This is the outfit that I have planned for the book club mixer on Tuesday night. My husband took the pics of me, so that's why they suck. But, how cute are my new boots????
I never know what to do with my arms for the side view pictures, so I shove them behind my back and end up pouching out my belly.
I actually installed a zipper. Yes I DID!! They really aren't so scary. I don't know what I was thinking. I must have confused zipper installation with grizzly bear attack...


And, to finish off the ensemble (which is a word I never use to describe my own clothes..), I whipped up a headband using an old "skinny" tie that my brother-in-law donated to my "sewing stuff" collection. He was slightly hesitant about giving me his ties lest 80's fashion makes a roaring comeback, and he decides to be fashionable (for the first time in his life).

2 comments:

Occasional Martha said...

I must have confused zipper installation with grizzly bear attack...

Ha ha! Love the comparison! What kind of zipper (like exposed/ invisible/ lapped)? Did you use a pattern? It's a nice shape, and the fabrics are fun together. Me likes!

Angela said...

No pattern, which is why I had waistband problems.

I put in an exposed zipper, I guess. You can see the "teeth" on the outside of the skirt (although, I didn't take pics..)

Thanks for the compliment!