Thursday, April 23, 2009

Polka Dotting Ladybugs

JoAnn Fabrics has 50% off their clearance fabrics and remnants right now, and look at the little gem I found:


I'm not sure what this fabric is called, but it is practically a ready-made dress. All I had to do was cut, sew up the back, and sew the hem.
Oh, and I added a little halter ribbon to keep it up. I remember wearing these strapless dresses as a kid, and they were constantly falling down!
This project was a nice little quickie to keep me in the sewing spirit. The Pretty Pretty Princess will wear this over her bathing suit during our many lazy afternoons at the pool this summer. That is, of course, if it ever gets warm enough to swim here!!! :)
Total cost = $5.00 for the fabric remnant. Ribbon and thread were FREE!
Total time = 20 minutes (mostly spent choosing coordinating ribbon..)


1 comment:

Occasional Martha said...

CUTE!!! Could you be persuaded to do a tute on smocking? (I love it, but I'm scared to try and fail and end up with a big piece of swiss-cheesed fabric.)