Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jedi Outfitter

Amidst the worst hive outbreak I have ever seen, I subjected my itchy, swollen, bright pink 5 year old to a melee of children, strollers, and shockingly rude adults at a local Kid's Expo this weekend. He wanted to go. I swear. But, once we had been there for about an hour or so, I could see him overwhelmed and a little irritated at having to stand in forever-long lines for the jumpy things.

Thus, I was guilted in to an insanely expensive purchase of an item that has previously been strictly forbidden in my house:

The dreaded light saber. *sigh* And, as if spending enough money to feed a Haitian village wasn't enough, I had the midget bugging me to make a holder for it.

Finally, after watching him walk around with the 2 1/2 foot plastic sword stuck down the leg of his pants all night, I finally gave in:

The fabric was left over from a hoodie I made him a few months ago. I had some technical issues that were a result of trying to talk on the phone and sew at the same time, but other than that it was done pretty quick.

Somber Jedi face:

One of the cool things about having kids is that I cannot see myself ever making a light saber sheath without a 5 year old in my life. Now, I can market my services at Star Wars conventions nationwide!! :)

1 comment:

sewfunky said...

hehehe!

Just be warned, boys never grow up, my hubby wants me to make a case for his gaming mat (he plays wargames with metal men!)

He'll be calling you when hes older to make more cases for whatever he's into at the time!