Thursday, March 12, 2009

I know what boys like..

I know that it seems as if I never make any clothes for my own kid, but I swear I do. They just aren't as cute or involved as the dresses I make for my nieces.

Case in point, creepy spiders and superheroes rule in my house:


I considered recycling one of my old t-shirts into a shirt for The Bear, but none of my discards had blank fronts. So, I bought the shirt at Hobby Lobby, and attached my own applique. The shorts were made by hand from Spiderman fabric that the 5 year old picked out for himself.

I didn't love attaching an applique to jersey fabric, but I survived. And, the fusible webbing was a HUGE help in stabilizing.

He adores the new outfit, and is excited to wear it in Florida next week!!

2 comments:

Occasional Martha said...

SO cool! My boy would go crazy for that! Good job.

Angela said...

Thanks!