Monday, March 30, 2009

Dreams of knitting....

Look what I found in the clearance section of the local outlet bookstore today!!! Can you believe I only paid $3 for this? Awesome.

And, since I don't know how to knit yet, the instructions are thorough yet non-threatening:

Plus, the book includes just about every stitch technique you can imagine. I was really surprised to see the double-point needle instructions, and that tutorial was the deciding factor for me. The ONLY reason I want to learn to knit is so that I can make thousands of cute and funky socks for myself!!


There are some pretty sweet patterns in here too:

And, what will inevitably be my new favorite little bag:


I love finding a bargain like this. My mother-in-law is supposed to teach me to knit sometime this summer, and now I have a guide to help me when she isn't around. Yay for thrifty shopping!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

and there were two so you got one for your best friend ever? LOL Either that or I need to find myself a mother in law like yours. ;-)

Angela said...

I will totally share my master knitting skills with you once I have acquired them. I will channel my MIL for you.. :)

Taren said...

I've wanted to learn how to knit for ages, but all the diagrams don't work for me because I'm a lefty with no creative abilities whatsoever. I'm so in awe of all the things you've made and can't wait for you to post pictures of your knitting creations!