Friday, February 13, 2009

More Babies on Fire...

So, my Sister in law brought a new little princess into the world last week, and I was inspired to make her a little "Flame On!" outfit.

Let me just preface by saying that this is the first pattern I ever bought, and I forgot how much I HATED IT!! It wasn't until I started sewing that I remembered why this abomination of a poorly produced pattern was at the bottom of the pile. For example, I despise turning straps that are the size of spaghetti noodles:

Also, see that little bubble effect near the band on the left? Yeah, the pattern measurements suck.

But, I think the complete outfit looks okay. I'm only in "like" with it, though. Oh, and IGNORE the dots near the pocket. I have to wash the dress, and those will go away. Stop looking at them. Stop it!!



Total time: Who knows? The straps made me walk away from this in fury more than once, so I have no idea how long it finally took me to put it together.
Total cost: Previously used pattern, previously used fabric, free ribbon.... I guess, $0!!





1 comment:

Occasional Martha said...

I hate projects that make me crazy mad....but with that said, this dress is wicked awesome! I want one!!! For my kid- I couldn't handle the attention.
Love it!