Sunday, February 15, 2009

Funky Flower Girl

Dress #6 for Pretty Pretty Princess is complete. I totally adore this dress pattern because it is super quick and very easy, and I think the style has just the right amount of twirliness to please a little girl.


I realized, after finishing this dress, that I've gone a little ribbon-mad lately. I'm hoping to curb my ribbon obsession with a new applique addiction that I am forming. Once I buy some fusible webbing be prepared for an onslought of applique'd outfits!!



Here's the ribbon I chose for this fabric:

And the total picture:

I think the ribbon gives it a "sporty" feel and it creates a cool contrast with the funky flowers.

Total time was only 2 1/2 hours (no annoying straps to turn!) and the Total Cost ended up being about $2 (the fabric was on clearance, and the ribbon was FREE!).


This is how the Pretty Pretty Princess will look in the dress...(I made one just like it to sell on Etsy last year, but she loved it so much that I gave it to her instead.)

1 comment:

sewfunky said...

I love this dress! Very cute indeed!!

I love to applique too... gotta love the fusible webbing as it makes it so much fun to do!