Sunday, February 1, 2009

Black & White & Buttons

Dress #4 is officially complete. I have had this black with white fleur de lis-ush fabric remnant for ages, and I thought I would put it to use. Since black and white has such a formal feel, I tried to create a little whimsy appropriate for a 2 year old's dress. This is my button caterpillar:


And the dress in full ( I hate this picture. I wish I wasn't too lazy to bring the camera upstairs because then I wouldn't have to hang it on a chair.)

A close-up of the top of the dress. I obviously bought a bulk package of heart-shaped buttons..

The rick rack was really an afterthought. It went on during assembly, but it wasn't part of my original plan. I'm glad I added it, but, generally speaking, rick rack is so tacky.
I have no idea how long this took since I didn't get to do the dress in one day. But, it couldn't have taken me more than 4 hours. I used the serger on all of the seams, and I think that added time since I'm a dork and CONTINUED to forget to lift the spool holder thingy, so threads got stuck and broke and I had to re-thread. *sigh* I will get better with that beast, I just know it.
Total cost is on par with the others. About $2
On to the next....


No comments: