Saturday, January 24, 2009

Back in the game...

So, after a slight hiatus due to ribbon indecision, I finally finished dress #2. This is the ribbon I ultimately chose:


I am very pleased with how the dress turned out. These pictures are kind of crummy, but the ribbon provides the perfect kooky contrast to the fabric:

And I added a little dragonfly embellishment at the collar to indicate the front of the dress (since I don't use tags).


I actually serged the first two tiers of the skirt, but then "Sergio" threw a temper tantrum, so I left the last tier raw. With the ribbon being sewn on, the edge of the seam is pretty well tucked, resulting in minimal fraying (I hope).
The time on this dress was a little longer than the last one because of my putzing around with the serger, but I don't think I surpassed a total time of 5 hours from pattern cut to final stitch.
Total cost = $1.99 (I bought the ribbon on clearance with a gift card, so that was FREE!!)

No comments: